You want your 2023 wedding to be magical, from the stunning venue down to the gorgeous, delectable cake. However, you might be wondering which cake will make the best impression on guests – and which ones are about to fall out of style. We’ve got all the details for you right here!
Color Takes the Cake this Year
After many years of simple, modern cakes that epitomize minimalism, we’re about to step into a new era of colorful cakes. Although there’s nothing wrong with black and white wedding cakes, it’ll be fun to see what this new season brings in color.
Cakes like this vibrant number just might be what we need to bring a little splash of color into the world. It makes you think of citrus, joy, and creativity, and it almost looks like an ambitious painter has made their mark on the delectable cake “canvas.”
Personally, we’re here for it!
Sweet, Whimsical, and Fun
Maybe it’s the post-COVID mentality talking, but many are tired of the drudgery of the day-to-day. It’s time for a bit of an escape – and if ever there were an appropriate time for escapism, it’s the day that you and your loved one exchange vows. Your wedding is supposed to be special, and a great way to make it special is with an inspired, fun wedding cake design!
This translucent blue and white isomalt cake is almost beyond description – with the “marble block” base and the middle piece that almost makes you think of waves in the ocean with ornaments floating around in it. The phenomenal topper is what really makes this cake though. It springs up like a gold and blue fountain – what could be cooler than that?
Use Designs Inspired by Nature
Nature-inspired designs continue to be a huge hit for weddings – to the point where we’ve got to break this section up into smaller ones to give you a clearer idea of what we mean!
Whether you want floral patterns made from frosting or are planning to use edible pressed flowers for your cake, flowers are a timeless way to capture the beauty of nature and celebrate the beauty of your union.
Marble cakes are classy and elegant. You can choose a fanciful one like the blue and white cake we highlighted above, or you could go a more conventional route. Whatever you do, know that your marble cake will be a sure crowd-pleaser.
Few things are as impressive on the table as geode cakes. They are a seemingly effortless blend of elegance, artistry, and whimsy, making them a great choice for brides and grooms-to-be in 2022.
The fun thing is that many of the types of cakes on this list can be combined. For example, you can have a marble and geode wedding cake like the blue and gold one here, or even a marble, geode, and floral cake! Mix and match to your heart’s content – no matter what you do, it’ll look fantastic.
Bare Cakes: Less is More
Bare cakes were once the indication of an inexperienced baker, but in modern times, they’ve had their chance in the spotlight. As in the example above, they allow the baker to showcase different flavors or colors of the cake itself, and they’re a great addition for brides or grooms who don’t take themselves too seriously.
Cakes That Taste Delicious
Even if your cake looks stunning and fabulous, you’ll miss the mark if it doesn’t taste amazing. After all – the outside of your cake should match the inside! If you’re not sure where to start, here are some popular cake flavors:
- Peanut butter. For those who don’t have peanut allergies, this pick may be a winner. After all, what tastes better with chocolate than peanut butter? (That said, your guests may not be able to partake, so consider this for a couples’ cake rather than the entire party and all the guests!)
- Red velvet cake. This decadent cake has chocolate cake dyed very red, with cream cheese for the filling. On your guests’ plates, it’ll be gorgeous. Just take care not to get it on your wedding dress!
- Chocolate and tropical. Are you seeing a theme here? Chocolate is poised to win the day in 2023! Whether it’s milk, dark, or white, chocolate pairs well with other tropical flavors like orange, mango, passion fruit, and more!
- Some people can’t live without coffee. In fact, coffee is an integral part of some couples’ love stories – so why not let it in on the action on the day of your wedding? Cakes with coffee flavors, like chocolate, mascarpone, and chantilly, will be a big hit.
- Unconventional “cakes.” Not a fan of cake? No problem. Your “cake” can consist of stacked cheeses, donuts, cookies, or anything else you can imagine!
Need a Wedding Venue? We Can Help
If you’re looking for a beautiful location to celebrate your upcoming wedding, look no further than Esperanza Ranch! Our Oklahoma venue is the perfect place for a barn wedding, providing a gorgeous backdrop for an event you’ll never forget. Take a look at our gallery and then book a tour to see the venue for yourself!